Friday, March 16, 2007

Fire Marshall Bill

Yesterday at work, I was underneath a Maxima working when a co-worker in the bay next to me calmly says, "JP, would you mind giving me a hand here?" I look up and see sparks shooting out of the vent hole where the bumper would be.

I jump up as he says, "I have a little fire here." I run to get a bucket and the hose. The side door wasn't open so as I was running with the hose, it jerked me back when it reached it's limit. So I attempted to put a quart of water into a small container with the water hose that's hard to control.

I yelled at another co-worker to help me open the door to get the hose through. We finally got the hose through the fence, but I stood outside away from the fire and laughed.

The reason for the fire was my co-worker was welding in a tail light pocket and it caught the insulation on the inner quarter panel trim on fire. The insulation is to keep the sounds down and is extremely flammable. That's the logical reason.

My reason is because he didn't know that you should pull back the trim and put a fire retardant blanket in between the interior and the repair.

So later one of our supervisors was watching the tape of the whole incident. Apparently I jumped up so fast that he didn't even notice until he watched the tape frame by frame. It was so funny! LOL All you see is me zooming out the back door! LOL

No comments: